Followers

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

    Sorry the post is sort of late... I had to get my passport picture taken because I am going to Japan!!! But that can wait for another day. The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird is one of the Net Galley books that I recently finished. I can't say that this is my favorite book, but it was really good.
**** Four Stars

     Maggie lives in the seventeenth-century, and she and her grandmother live together. After her grandma "curses" a baby, she and Maggie are tried for witchcraft. Maggie luckily escapes with the help of a friend, but her grandmother is hanged. Maggie is now all alone, on the run, and penniless. She leaves in search of her uncle, but it seems she just can not escape danger.
     Maggie is followed by one of her accusers. The accusers is a lying brat who pretends to be a innocent little girl tricked into falsly accusing Maggie. That however is a lie. The evil girl (if you can't tell, I hate her) turns Maggie's newly found family against her, but isn't ready to stop at just that. Instead, she also turns Maggie's uncle in for believing in the wrong god. Now Maggie not only has to protect herself, but she has to help rescue her uncle. Life will never be the same for Maggie Blair. *Phae Phae*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)